Fun on Friday {Halloween Edition}

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Time for another round of five random thoughts in my head on this Friday...Tomorrow is Halloween and tonight we are carving our pumpkins so I thought it was only appropriate to do a Halloween themed post today!
 
O N E
For the last few years we have been holding our Annual MAC Pumpkin Carving Party! This year the time sorta' got away from me, but by gosh we are still carving pumpkins together tonight. It's tradition! My cousin who is getting deployed soon is coming to stay the weekend with us so I am hoping to surprise him a little and make it a fun celebration to honor him as well.
 
T W O
I have been busy putting the finishing touches around the house for Halloween and have had the sweetest little helper (a friend of ours daughter.) She was so excited to help! Since we are going to spend Halloween night this year at home passing out candy to the million trick-or-treaters that swarm our neighborhood, I decided to go ahead and decorate again this year! Pictures to come. But in the meantime, here is last year's entry table! The photo on the left is when Ryan and I dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood and The Big Bad Wolf (one of our favorite costumes to date) and the photo on the right is of me and my sister in our costumes when we were little. It is one of my favorite pictures of us. Obviously, nothing has changed with me. I still don't want to share my candy.
 
T W O
Making these bars! They're too cute and are right up my sweet tooth alley.
T H R E E
Did you know that if you put tonic water under a black light it apparently glows? You can bet I will be testing that out this weekend. Has anyone else tried this or have any tricks? We normally replace a few light bulbs around the house with black lights to give off a spooky glow, so we will see!
 
F O U R
One of Ryan's favorite "Halloween" things I make once a year is mummy dogs! This will be another snack we will be serving on Halloween !Mummy-Hot-Dogs-2-531x800
F I V E
And of course it wouldn't be Halloween if I didn't have Hocus Pocus playing in the background. My sister and I have watched this movie together every year since we were babies practically! 
I laughed when I read this about 52 Thoughts you have when you watch Hocus Pocus as an adult! Hilarious....
Hocus Pocus
Via
And with that my friends, I wish you a Happy (ALMOST) Halloween!
Friday Link Up Love!

2 comments:

  1. your house is so so cute, i love all of the decorations! and i totally have to try those mummy hotdogs this weekend I am thinking my one year old (and 32 year old husband) will love them! do you have a how-to on making them?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! they are so easy & i'm sure they would love them! there are quite a few how-to's on pinterest, but honestly they're like pigs in a blanket but made to look like mummies instead :) I just buy a package of hotdogs and a package of crescent rolls and roll the dough out flat and cut it into strips. then wrap each hot dog with the strips of dough to mimic a mummy! i bake them for whatever the crescent roll package says until golden brown then you can add little dots of mustard or ketchup for eyes. good luck :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting and making my day :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS