A Thank You to Our Veterans

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

HAPPY VETERANS DAY!

I just wanted to pop in to say thank you to our Veterans; past, present and future. I am thankful not only today, but everyday, for those who have given so much for this country. I think they deserve all the respect in the world.

In the summer of 2008 I lived and worked on an army base in Germany. I had the opportunity to work in a preschool and became very close with the families on the base. At that time, the base was deployed so most of those left living on the base were the wives and children. Although I cannot fully imagine what it would be like to live that life and walk in their shoes, I was so grateful for that experience because it opened my eyes to the sacrifices that these military families make for this country. I don't think I could do it. I am so thankful there are people who are willing to stand up for this country and sacrifice everything...There is a family I became very close with while living in Germany and still keep in touch with to this day. In fact this summer when I was visiting Texas, I got to see them after all these years. They are so dear to my heart and always remind me how lucky I am.

This day hits home even more this year as my cousin will be leaving for deployment to the Middle East in the coming weeks. I just want to thank him and let him know how proud I am to call him family! I know he will do great things. Thank you, Jamison!
Tonight especially we will be lighting up a green light to honor our vets. 
Maybe you will consider doing the same? 
You can click here for more information. #greenlightavet
I also purchased this Independence Necklace recently, and a portion of the sale is being donated to the Independence Fund. I love supporting places that are made in the USA and support our military and veterans especially.
"The Independence Fund’s mission is to support our injured and wounded Veterans with the tools to achieve their independence and freedoms they have fought so hard to preserve!" -from Laura's Listing

I'm proud to be an American. I know we are a Land of the Free because of the Brave!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and making my day :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS