Annual Christmas Tree Cutting

Monday, November 30, 2015

On Friday, we made our annual trek to the mountains to cut our Christmas tree. It's been a family tradition for as long as I can remember to go the day after Thanksgiving. Most people are out Black Friday shopping but truly I didn't even really know what it was until a couple of years ago since I had never gone. As we have all grown older, it seems like our group has gotten smaller since people have to work. This year my Dad and Sister both had to work so we missed having them. I actually had to work this year too but luckily only had to go in for a few hours in the morning.

We have gotten a couple of storms lately that has finally brought us snow to the Northern California mountains (it is needed badly around here!) but we weren't sure how high up the snow actually was. Ryan, myself, my mom and his parents loaded up in our truck, met up with our best family friends and headed up. The roads were extremely icy, but we made it up to tree cutting territory and went hiking for this year's perfect tree.

The day was sunny, but extremely cold! After we all found trees, we met back at the truck for a picnic and one of my favorite parts of the day; the leftover turkey sandwiches and hot cocoa with baileys. Nothing says it's almost Christmas like a day in the snowy mountains with family and friends cutting down our annual tree!
My little Nephew has got to be the most smiley babies in all the land.
He loved the snow and reminded me of Ralphie's little brother from A Christmas Story all bundled up!
My Snow Angel...I couldn't help myself. 
This year was extra special with the newest addition to our tree cutting crew!
Time to officially deck the halls and trim the tree! May your spirits be merry and bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and making my day :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS