{T H A N K F U L}

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Via
I want to preface this post by saying that this year has probably been the hardest year for me for so many reasons. I hate to be one to complain. I know we all face daily struggles. I also have never been one to want to wish time away, but in a way, time does heal all wounds and I am so looking forward to the start of a new year. I feel like the New Year somehow symbolizes a fresh start. To put the past behind and move on. 

Every year on this day, a day dedicated to feeling grateful, thankful and counting our blessings, I am feeling more thankful than ever. You know how they say the older you get, the more you 1) realize how right your mother always was and 2) act like your mother? Well, they're both true. I'm constantly hearing my Mom's voice echoing sentiments she always expressed to me over the years. One I am thinking of right now that "God wouldn't bring you to it, if he didn't plan to bring you through it" could not be more true. 

I find it's easier sometimes for people to think of the things that are not going the way they want or expect, as opposed to finding the silver lining in why things may be going this way. I can't say I ever imagined this to be how 2015 would go. But I have to remember this is not my plan. There is a reason, even if I can't see or understand it now. 

On this Thanksgiving, I am more sentimental than ever. I know without the support and love of so many people, one could easily crumble from the weight and pressures of the world. 

Today I encourage you all to take a moment to be in the now of today. To hug someone you love. To let someone know you are truly thankful for them. To actually feel thankful for all the blessings; big and small. This day is a gift, meant to be treasured.

Today I want to say Thank You especially to my Husband, Mom, Dad, Sister, Most Special and Favorite Father & Mother In Law, cousins, best friends, friends that are family to us, my Grandma and Grandpa, my amazing bosses, and other family members for being a continued light in my life when things seem a little dark. You know who you are, and I want you to know how much you mean to me in case I might not tell you enough.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and making my day :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS