Christmas Hangover

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

I'm back!!!!

I have been missing this little space of mine lately, but I have been busy trying to soak in every last bit of the holidays. And frankly, I feel like I have a Christmas hangover.

I don't want it to end! I wish it could be Christmas all year long! I am in absolute denial that the holidays are wrapping up for the year, but then again I am soooo excited and looking forward to the start of 2016! Wow I can't stop using exclamation points!!!

On Sunday I actually had to give in and take down our poor tree. It had seen better days and there were more pine needles on the ground then on the actual tree. Now our house is in that awkward transition. I really need to put back the rest of my regular decorations because it looks bare right now. But of course, in typical Lindsay fashion, before I finished doing that I decided it would be a GREAT idea to start in on another project and not just any project, but refinishing our bathroom cabinets. The goal is to see how we like them before I tackle the kitchen cabinets. All 1 bazillion of them...Wish me luck!

Anyways, we had the best Christmas! The best gift this year for me was not under the tree though. It was just having all of my family together, and for the most part, all in good health! My family is my world, and it's sure been rocked and tested this year, so being together was everything for me. We hosted Christmas dinner at our house for our parents and my grandparents. It seriously fills my heart to the brim getting to all be together and making memories.

We honored annual Christmas traditions like opening up new jammies with my Sis on Christmas Eve and watching "All I Want for Christmas" and welcomed new ones like hiding the pickle on the tree (which my most favorite MIL found this year) and decorating sugar cookies for dessert altogether on Christmas night. Grandpa Bill's "Cat In Snow" cookie had us all rolling as did my mom's obsession with the song "The Spirit of Christmas" playing on repeat in the background. I had my doubts about how the men would do but they joined right in and surprised me with their decorating skills! It was neat seeing everyone's creativity come out. Definitely a memory I will always treasure!
As much as I love hosting and entertaining, I am welcoming and looking forward to a low-key NYE at home as I continue to recover from this Christmas hangover.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you-major Christmas hangover over here. Cheers to a relaxing weekend and a happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and making my day :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS