Merry Little Festivities

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

This weekend before Christmas was so fun! There were lots of places to be and people to see, that's for sure. I know this time of the year gets busy for everyone, and every year people vow to say "no" to things and slow down to enjoy, but I secretly love the hustle and bustle of this time of the year. One thing I did do was get my shopping done early which has eased the stress that sometimes accompanies this time of year. (Yay for online sales, rewards and free shipping!) Yes, there isn't always time to do it ALL, but I like to squeeze as much as possible out of this time of the year. Afterall, it IS the most wonderful time of the year!

We started off last weekend by attending a good old-fashioned Griswold family Christmas party. I hope it becomes a new annual tradition! Everyone was supposed to come dressed as a character from the movie "Christmas Vacation" and it was so neat to see everyone dressed up. Ryan and I went as the cheapo boss who skips out on Christmas bonuses and his wealthy wife, Mr. & Mrs. Shirley. Ryan and I like to go all out for things like this. I think he pulled it off a little better than me, but nonetheless, it was FUN!
Some of the guests that dressed up! If you'll recognize, there's Mrs. Shirley, Catherine, Aunt Bethany, Ellen, Audrey and Catherine #2.
Our host Ellen really went all out with replicating some of the dinner from the movie including these jello shots.
Then on Saturday, Ryan and I headed over to finish up a bit of last minute shopping (with the rest of the world.) We met up with my little sis for the best breakfast I have had in awhile at this little hole-in-the-wall cafe that I had never been but Ryan raved about! Holy eggs benedict, YUM! I was very happy with our choice not to mention they had hot chocolates the size of your face that reminded me of the hot chocolates from the movies the Santa Claus. The best!
After shopping I had a bridal shower to attend for a dear friend! She is marrying one of our closest family friend's son whom I have grown up with. We are so excited to be officially welcoming her into our group. It was hosted at her parent's gorgeous home and I love all the attention to detail! Parties are my jam, and I enjoyed seeing how it all came together for her! It was a beautiful, and fun shower. 
That night, we had several other places to be, one being my in-laws annual Christmas party. I got back to town late from the shower, but we headed up as soon as I got home. I couldn't wait to see how my mother in law had decorated this year. She amazes me with her impeccable taste and style. I love how she decorates and pulls things together. I admire her "Cheers to life" attitude and how she makes things special. She started a new tradition this year with this Christmas tree hanging print she picked up at Ikea. She had all of her friends sign a bulb and hang it on the tree and every year they can add to it and see who was there. 
After heading home for the night, Ryan drove me around town like a little kid to look at Christmas lights. He's a keeper, I tell ya'.
Sunday the weather was rainy and cold and perfect for staying home! It was mainly spent playing catch up, preparing for the merry week ahead and snuggling my newest teeny tiny nephew for as long as possible. 
3 more sleeps til' Santa comes!

Linking up for the final week of bits of cheer!
http://www.the-newly.blogspot.com/2015/12/bits-of-cheer-link-up-week-3.html

6 comments:

  1. Looking at Christmas lights is just the best, no matter how old you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! There's something magical about all the lights.

      Delete
  2. I love looking at Christmas light too! The Griswold family Christmas party... there are no words for how funny/awesome that is! Such a good idea, I am totally going to suggest that to our friends for next year! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you totally should, it was a blast! thank you for hosting and thank you for commenting! merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. What a fun party! Just came across your blog...I'm also from Northern California! I miss living there so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda! Thanks for stopping by :) Yes, I feel pretty lucky to call it home!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting and making my day :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS