'Twas the Week Before Christmas {Happenings & Five on Friday}

Friday, December 18, 2015


I can't believe how fast this week has gone! It must be because it was so eventful and next week Santa is coming! Here's five things from this week-the week before Christmas if you can believe it!

O N E
I've whipped up several batches of Oreo truffles lately. They are my favorite easy dessert to whip up this time of the year because they are especially easy, always a hit and can easily be made festive with Christmas colored sprinkles added on top! Everyone always loves them and I can't help but smile because they're literally made from 1 package of cream cheese mixed with 1 package of oreos, dipped in a half of a package of melted almond bark chocolate and adorned with festive sprinkles!
T W O
I just realized it's probably been years since I have gotten mistletoe. I think it's time I pick some up to hang around our house...

T H R E E
My Best Friend had her baby BOY! I am thrilled to be an Auntie again! I brought balloons to the hospital and was met at the door by a lady informing me I couldn't bring the latex balloons inside, only the mylar one. Note to anyone else who considers doing this as well. Instead I decided to drop them off on the door as a little welcome home surprise! (I hope they were still there when you got home Maris!)

F O U R
We are attending a good old-fashioned Griswold Family Christmas Party tonight and we are supposed to come dressed as our favorite character from the movie. Christmas Vacation is pretty much a year around favorite movie of ours, but definitely our all-time favorite Christmas movie! I don't understand how we have friends who have never seen this movie. If you haven't seen it, you're literally missing out. It's going to be hilarious and I can't wait to see all of the costumes!
Via
F I V E

I decided to hang all of our happy Christmas mail and cards on our pantry door using simple washi tape like I saw Christina do and I love it! I used to hang them in another room but I thought it was so clever that way I see them always since I spend so much time in the kitchen! I love getting snail mail throughout the year, but this month I especially love getting the mail and seeing faces we haven't seen in awhile.

Off to finish up my costume and truffles for tonight! Wishing you a merry weekend, friends!



2 comments:

  1. We just picked up mistletoe today! First ever. So excited!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and making my day :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS