A Year of Dates

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

When Ryan and I were first together I used to do all kinds of fun projects to tell him how special he was to me and how much I loved him, for any or no reason at all. We were going through some old things and he came across one of those projects where I used a deck of cards to create "52 Reasons Why I love you." He also found some old homemade "coupons" for a massage and a new pair of shoes, but I told him he had already redeemed those...

Back to why I am here today. I still love doing those things for him but as our lives have become busier, and since we're together so much, it is hard to surprise him with these things. I wanted to make our date nights a priority again this year and set aside at least one night per month that was just dedicated to he and I. I know there are lots of ideas on Pinterest, but here is what I came up with. I wrote him a letter to go with it explaining what it was all about. He smiled so big reading it. :)

To create the Year of Dates, I gathered 12 envelopes and stuffed each one with a little note card with my date night idea and some money (if the date required it) that way they were all paid for. I sealed them with a piece of washi tape. I also raided my craft box and used some cute stickers I had to decorate the front of each envelope.
Here were my ideas for date nights:
1 / Bowling
2 / Go mini golfing or go out to the driving range
3 / Rodeo tickets (already purchased)
4 / Fancy dinner date
5 / Jeep ride & picnic in the mountains
6 / Kayak down the river & money for sandwiches at our favorite place to take with us
7 / Go to the movies
8 / Target practice or go to the shooting range
9 / Chinese at our favorite spot (the place we always used to go on our regular date nights)
10 / Try something new! Maybe a class or go somewhere we've never been. I'm really hoping we plan a trip somewhere this year!
11 / Game Night In
12 / And finally, I left one date his choice!
He has also been bugging me for some new music so I went ahead and burned him a cd. I remember making those for him all the time too! And yes, we still listen to music on cds if you can believe it!

I always tell Ryan I love dating him and I definitely wanted to make that a priority for us this year and thought what better way than knowing each month we at least will go on one date. Plus, it was fun making him something, although it was much harder as I had to go lock myself in the office so he wouldn't peek.

I hope this inspires you gals to go out there and plan yourself some date nights as well!

5 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Chris and I are trying to squeeze in as many dates as possible between now and the time baby boy comes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, Sarah! I bet you guys are! So excited for you both and your little babe on the way.

      Delete
  2. I love this! This would a cute valentine's gift idea for my hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad! And great idea, Valentine's Day is already right around the corner!

      Delete
  3. So cute!!! I need to do this for the hubs❣

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and making my day :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS