Wed-nes-Day Things.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A little bit of what I've been up to lately...

- Sunday I had the most productive day. Is it just me or do you get so much more done when your hubby isn't around? When he's home I don't want to do boring stuff like housework, I want to spend time and do fun things with him, so the dreaded laundry was finally caught up on as well as other projects that had been calling my name. I also got the nerve to paint our bathroom cabinets. I wanted to try them first and see how I liked them before I took on the kitchen cabinets, and even though I am halfway through the process, I think more than ever I am leaning towards doing a dark stain instead...too.many.choices.

- I never realized how much curtains can transform or complete a room. All of our rooms in the house have the standard blinds, and lately it's really been bothering me. I have looked and looked for curtains and rods I liked, but couldn't commit. When I did take a leap in our living room and order an extra long rod I was shipped the wrong one, then they were out of stock, so I returned it and left it as is. Then while doing some New Years Day shopping with my cousin, I saw some curtains that I loved for our dining room. I was instantly drawn to the pattern and knew it would go well with the grey walls in the dining room and beige walls throughout the rest of the house. Of course I wanted to hang them Sunday (see what'd I tell you, finishing projects) but Ryan wasn't home, so I did the next best thing and called my Dad for some assistance. Gotta' love Dads! I am so pleased with how it somewhat completed the room. It feels like a new space it and I love it and wish I would have done it sooner! I have been trying to decide on a dining room table for approximately two years now and still can't commit, so there's that. Maybe then I'll consider taking a photo of the whole room. Haha, one step at a time, folks.
- I got the cutest little mini crock for Christmas from my Sis! I decided to use it as a scent warmer like I saw Christina do by turning it on and adding some water, fresh rosemary, cranberries and oranges that I had leftover from the holidays.
- I heard this song over the weekend about a girl and her dad. For more than one reason this song gets me. Warning: tears.


Well, we're halfway through the first week in 2016 if you can believe it! 
Wishing you all the best rest of the week!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I bet your house smelled delicious with that going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those days to yourself to get things done! The little crock - isn't it the best?! My friends gave me one and it gets as much action as my big one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and making my day :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS