April Flowers brings Brandi's Shower {A Bridal Shower Brunch}

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

On Saturday we held a small and intimate bridal shower brunch for my soon to be Aunt, Brandi. I absolutely love throwing parties, finding reasons to celebrate people and events, making someone feel special, and most of all using things you already have to create a festive and themed atmosphere. 
The day was so fun to plan and I was thrilled with how easily it all came together. Since deciding on a Spring theme, I used the saying "April flowers brings Brandi's shower" and incorporated bicycles as well since they love to ride! I picked up the flowers from Raley's and arranged them myself in white lace tins I already owned. The colors were just what I was looking for and I love the contrast between the vibrant spring colors and the white vases.
We gave homemade soap favors that read, "From Brandi's shower to yours." They were sweet pea scent and smelled absolutely divine! I ordered them from here
To make the glasses more festive I added a small wedge of strawberry and lemon. In addition to the champagne, we had infused water and lemonade. Although let's be honest, (owning it here), we mostly drank champs! 
We served brunch including a few breakfast casseroles and overnight french toast. It was a total hit and the recipe is so easy I will have to share it soon!
The two games we played were the "What's in your purse game?" and the game where you place a paper plate on your head and draw your best version of the bride-to-be on her wedding day and she chooses her favorite version. Both are easy, there's many free printable online versions (I used this one, but you could easily make your own if you had time) and also comical! 

The cupcakes were strawberry lemonade with cream cheese frosting and simply adorable with the small white pearls on top. I thought they needed a little something extra so I made my own cupcake toppers using toothpicks and a picture of a vintage tandem bicycle. They were so easy, however, it never fails that I manage to burn myself on the hot glue gun. 
Lots of laughs, memories and bottles of champagne later, I hope we were successful at making her feel special and welcomed to the family! 
If you have any questions, let me know in the comments. I also wanted to mention that if you are in the market for some cute bridal shower or wedding decor that Zulily has some on sale now!
If you've never shopped the daily deal site Zulily before, you can join using my invite here!  

Cupcakes / Coffee Diem
Cupcake Stand / (old) Similar
'Love' Cake Topper, Chalkboard Sign & Glitter Banner / Target Dollar Spot
Vintage Bike / (old) borrowed from my Mom's garden 
White lace tins / (old) Ikea
Flower Bud Vase / Marshall's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and making my day :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS