Life Lately

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Oh why, hello! Time for a random life lately and a little bit of what we've been up to!
We went to the rodeo! Our new annual tradition. 
We took a couple of days off for a mini vacation and went out of town fishing.
I finally caught a fish. It had only been, oh, years. These are pretty much the size of fish my Husband catches on the reg. And pretty par for the course for me as well, if I even catch one. 
And guess who forgot their rain gear and got caught in the lake in the middle of a storm? Like a storm with hail, wind and rain? Aside from freezing, it was actually pretty neat and I will always take pride in the fact that my FIL told me I was a trooper. 
My in-law's dogs are just about as spoiled as ours. On the left is Maclin (which is Hank's daughter) and on the right is Malligun (Hank's mama). Don't they just lead the life of Riley?
It was terrible having to wake up to this everyday. Let's just say I hate goodbyes. 

We also celebrated my Mama's birthday Sunday and I baked her the best cake! She loves lemon and anything refreshing, whereas I am more of a chocolate-anything lover. When I saw this recipe for a lemon blueberry cake with cream cheese frosting it sounded perfect to try! Even people who don't usually eat dessert finished off their slice and had seconds. 
If you want to try it yourself (and you should) the recipe is found here. 
 
And that's just about all I've got for today. If you want to follow along with other random, everyday moments you can find me on snapchat (amcintoshaday). I have no idea what I'm doing but it's pretty fun and also this is basically how I keep in touch with my sister. 

Here's to a lovely day & to finishing the week off strong! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and making my day :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS