Take a Hike + Weekend Adventuring

Sunday, April 3, 2016

The weekend around our parts was basically the epitome of perfect weather. Our summers here can get downright unbearable, so I am soaking in every bit of this mix of spring & summer-ish weather.

We live in a great recreational town with lots of trails, lakes and rivers so there are many opportunities to get outside. It is absolutely beautiful right now with the wildflowers in full bloom, everywhere you look it's green and lush, and a basically full lake again. Thanks, El Nino.

I had been wanting to go on a hike and this weekend was too nice to not get out and take advantage. I initially wanted to do a different hike, but it turned out the be the wildflower festival and I didn't want to fight the crowds. Isn't that half of the fun of venturing outside to get away from all the people? Just me who feels that way?
Backpack (old) Similar / Sneakers / Sneakers / Neon Shirt
Anyways, my parents and cousin joined me. Ryan was actually fishing on the lake and my sis had to work so it was just the four of us. We hiked 6 miles! And the best news is I managed to not trip once. In fact no one did!

If you look close, you can actually spot hubby parked down there somewhere.
We passed a couple of fellow hikers and a group of mountain bikers. It appeared to be a couple of Dad's who were taking their daughters out for a ride and it completely had me feeling all nostalgic because thats exactly where my Dad used to take me. I also thought they were the absolute cutest especially when one of the girls told me she loved the flowers in my hair, so I felt like I was winning, lol. 
 Also one of my favorite things about this specific trail and a memory I have of riding it is stopping at this Trail Log spot and signing it. They keep a notebook in it year round and people who have traveled it write their name and date or whatever you want really. I always have wondered what they do with these when the books are filled?
Oh also, does it look like my Mom and I are wearing matching shirts because we are. I swear I am twinning in life with this woman in general. #owningit #idonthateit 
My Dad was thrilled that he got to bring along his selfie stick to document our adventures and it came in pretty handy. Although I am terrible at using it, he is not!
It was such a fun day, I felt accomplished and I can't remember the last time I took this many steps in one day.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting and making my day :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS