Our Idaho Trip

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

This weekend we loaded the truck up and headed for one of my our favorite places, Idaho, to celebrate Ryan's cousin's high school graduation. Our trip consisted of lots and lots of family time, laughing, hearing old stories around the fire pit , playing games, eating the best food under the sun, and making more memories together that we will always remember. You can't beat that! 

I wish it were possible for us to see each other more, but when we do get together it's guaranteed a good time and we pack as much fun as possible into whatever amount of time we have! I sincerely thought I took more pictures, but I guess I was too busy enjoying because looking back we only took one with the graduate the whole weekend, haha. Who am I?! Every time we visit I swear a piece of me wants to pack up and move as unrealistic as that may seem. It is absolutely beautiful and things are just different there. We always want to stay longer! 

When we go to Idaho, we typically drive the 9 hours with my in-laws and that is usually half the fun. My MIL and I sit in the back together and catch up, laugh, sing, snack, swap recipes and magazines, let the guys know when we see somewhere we want to stop along the way and overall drive them nuts and beg to drive from the backseat (which they never let us, lol.)

We arrived Wednesday evening and Thursday was the graduation ceremony. It was a gorgeous evening!
Friday we had a huge backyard BBQ with some hilarious yard games including this game with blow up bubbles. It was much harder than it looks especially if you got knocked down and we all know how serious we take our games! Go big or go home, right!?
Every last detail of the party was beautiful! Ryan's Aunt and Uncle's backyard is practically a park and the weather cooperated and made for the perfect day to spend outside. The gals of the family really know how to decorate and I loved, loved all of the little details that helped to make the day extra special! Those custom grad cookies were a total hit, not to mention delicious!
Saturday the gals went and did some sightseeing while the guys worked on some stuff at the house. We drove to the mountains to see a cabin Ryan's cousin's had fixed up to sell! It was gorgeous and so my style. I basically wanted everything in it. If only we could live there! Then we stopped for lunch at the local clubhouse and headed back home to meet up with everyone at the house. 
We headed out early Sunday morning and it's our tradition to stop for breakfast at The Griddle which is about half way home for us. It never disappoints and these crepes made it a little less hard to leave. 
It was a great trip and Tan, we are so proud of you and excited for your new adventure! Go Vandals!

Every time we visit it gets harder and harder to come home...except for we had 2 puppies who were sure excited to see us! 

Until next time, Idaho!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and making my day :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS