Weekend Recap

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

This summer is flying by...no complaints here except for it just feels like time in general is flying by and I can hardly catch my breath these days!

I had a great weekend that left me feeling so full and ready to start the week with a fresh perspective. Ryan and I celebrated 5 years of marriage (talk about where has the time gone!) and we each got to spend some time with family and friends!

We decided to celebrate our anniversary together Friday night as we both had lots going on on Saturday. We didn't mind because for one, we just got back from our vacation together and also because nothing really stops us me from celebrating regardless of the date. We opened a bottle of wine we had been saving for a couple years. We got a bottle for our wedding, then ordered another for our 1 year anniversary and had a bottle we had been saving for a special occasion. It was worth the wait! My favorite part of any holiday, but anniversary especially, is Ryan's cards. He knows this card-loving heart of mine and he always writes so much that I always look forward to reading them. This card was probably his best yet!
Saturday I attended a baby shower for my dear friend, Rachel. I cannot believe she is almost due with her little girl! We have been friends since high school where we cheered together and worked together for years after. Her husband and Ryan are childhood friends so it is so awesome we all get along and have our shared histories! It is so exciting to see her as a Mama and I can't wait to meet little Ayla. Even better, I hear I am up there on the babysitting list (Right, Rach?) ;)
Book / Pineapple Dress
I feel it is worth mentioning that this is my new favorite book. For kids or adults, it's simply the best! It's called "Everything I need to know I learned from a little Golden Book." Check it out! And I about fell over when I saw this pink pineapple outfit. All the heart eyes for teeny tiny baby girl clothes!

After the shower, I headed to the lake to meet my other dear friends and their babes on their houseboat. Our schedules have kept us going in different directions for some time now and getting to finally hang out   and catch up with her was just amazing! And with the little one who first made me an Auntie almost 4 years ago. Don't let him fool you, that smile is brought to you by 2 bags of gummy worms, not seeing me. Haha!
Forgot the skewers haha!
Meanwhile, Ryan was headed out on the lake with my Dad, Uncle and friend for some overnight cat fishing, so he stopped and said hi on his way out. It was kinda funny that Ryan and I got married overlooking the lake 5 years ago which was the last time it was full. And even though we had separate plans, we both ended up out on the lake. While we were hanging on the houseboat, these two ducks swam by the boat and I knew it was a sign.
I couldn't wait for Sunday morning for my Man to get home. We went to a ballgame and went and visited his parents and Aunt and Uncle that are in town. We finished the night off together with a dip in the pool and some take out Chinese food from our favorite restaurant. I'd say that's a pretty good weekend in book!

Wishing you a great week!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting and making my day :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS