Five on Friday!

Friday, September 9, 2016

Hey there! It's been a hot minute since I joined in with 5 on Friday, but here goes with my five this week...

1 | This week I received an email that I had been chosen to be a part of the Junk Gyspy book launch team! I ALMOST FELL OVER! If you haven't heard of Texas sisters Amie & Jolie, their love for all things rust and junk, and their wanderlust souls, you are missing out my friends! Their first book, Junk Gypsy: Designing a Life at the Crossroads of Wonder & Wander, is set to be released in stores October 4th and I am so honored to be a part of this community with advance access to read and help spread the good word! I have taken a peek around and am literally so anxious to read and soak in every word in this book! More to come on this one...#junkgypsyBLT
Preorder here!
4 | Fun little fact...last year when I went to Round Top for the Texas Antiques Week we stopped at the Junk Gypsy headquarters and I met Amie! She was standing on the front lawn mingling and I could not believe my eyes. I acted like such a starstruck kid but she still was nice as pie and took a picture with me! I just realized I never did a post recapping my adventure through Texas and Round Top so I will get on that, but for now I will leave you with Large Marge herself and scenes from the front porch!
3 | In other news, at the end of this month I am headed to another Florida Georgia Line concert and I have been listening to their mixtape station on Pandora so I'm ready to sing my heart out, obviously! That station confused me at first, but I have come to absolutely love it. Now that their new album is officially released, they play a bunch on their new stuff and they have two songs in particular that are really cute and catchy about family. "God, your mama, and me" and "While He's still around." Go listen now.

4 | Anyone ever heard to always leave your house in the morning as if your grandma might stop by that day? Well, I usually don't and I had a neighbor/friend stop by unexpected and she had actually never been inside and of all days wanted a tour! She is the most fun, down-to-earth and about as real as someone could come, but nonetheless I was mortified. She assured me she didn't care, she understands, she has kids, blah blah, and that it was no biggie. But to me? You can bet I won't be leaving the house ever again when it's NOT clean. 

5 | Don't even get me started on our kitchen progress and the fiasco it has been..This seems appropriate for all it's been good for lately.
Via
Off to clean my house...you know, in case someone stops by. Happy weekending, friends!

Linking up with the Five on Friday & Oh Hey, Friday gals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and making my day :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS