The best stormy weather & stay home kinda' weekend.

Monday, October 17, 2016

This weekend was exactly how I picture the perfect fall weekend going. Ryan had been gone all week hunting out of state so I tried to keep myself busy. I am always surprised how at the end of the week it feels like I have no idea how the time passed to quickly, yet how it seems like it takes forever for him to get home. We normally don't have the ability to talk while he is gone, but this trip he got service here and there at the top of the mountains, a.k.a. on top of the world, so he was able to send me pictures and talk a few times. I was only slightly jealous of these views...

His intentions were to be home late Saturday so I planned to get most of my errands done Friday night so I had Saturday to get things around the house ready for his return. I woke up first thing Saturday morning and had a few last minute things to grab at the grocery store, but as I was sitting on my computer sipping my coffee I heard his truck pull in and well, there went those plans for the day! Not that I was complaining ONE BIT! He loves trying to surprise me and I always love it when he pulls it off. 
Since he was running on about 3 hours of sleep, we spent the day together on the couch catching up on each other's week and me getting to hear his hunting stories for the majority of the day. I wanted to make him a special dinner and dessert so I was in the kitchen for a bit, but the weather was absolutely conducive to us just relaxing and doing nothing. We had the doors and windows open and the sound of rain reminded me I was right where I needed to be. We even grabbed our glasses of wine and headed on the porch for awhile and sat with the dogs just taking in each other's company. Just perfect!

Sunday morning I tried to be a little more productive. We slept in, took the dogs for a walk, and came home and I got busy working on things for the week. I put some tortilla soup in the crockpot and made this super easy souffle with ingredients on hand to eat for breakfast for the week. Since I had made creme brule the night before I had about 10 egg whites to use so I mixed in zucchini, spinach, sauted onions, goat cheese, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme and baked at 325 degrees for 30 minutes! 
It was so nice to have a weekend with nothing planned, nowhere to be, and the perfect weather for staying home with the ones you love. Glad my favorite company, and also the dog's, is finally home because life is always better when we're all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and making my day :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS